Dicey Dungeons Version 1.10
Surprise! Got another update for Dicey Dungeons ready! This one brings us to v1.10.
The last few updates have been pretty huge, so this one's a little simpler by comparison. I didn't want to wait any longer until I had another huge update ready before I applied the bug fixes in this one! There are a couple of cool new things in this update on top of the bug fixes, like a bit of extra polish to our finale episode (including some fancy end credits!), optimisations to make the game run better, and a new Catalan translation!
Here's the full changelog:
- Dicey Dungeons is now available in Catalan!
- About 100 more issues closed on our issues tracker. Lots of tiny details polished up!
- Fixed a number of small memory leaks in various places.
- Reduced loading times in cutscenes by selectively only loading assets needed in those cutscenes.
- A quick animation and audio pass to our cutscenes - nothing very extreme, but a few little things have been improved.
- Fixed a bug that was slowing down AI speed when considering multiple burning dice.
- Fixed a bug where Mirror Cauldron and Hall of Mirrors didn't generate in some episodes.
- Counter Spell now rechecks dice values when they change, so e.g. countering a 1 and freezing a dice should lock the frozen dice. Countering a 6 versus Cowboy is... a good move.
- Some audio tweaks in our Finale Episode.
- Fixed flickering when choosing certain level up rewards.
- Fixed flickering in the upgrade/copyshop stations.
- Copyshops now always feature Ned and mirror the Upgrade UI.
- New, fancy ending credits when you complete the Finale Episode.
- Lots of formatting cleanups to localisations - in particular Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese and Dutch have had lots of little issues fixed.
- Fixed font kerning issues with Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed missing Baby Squid voice in cutscenes.
- Prevent a couple of rule clashes in Bonus Round episodes that don't make sense, e.g. Warlock (change all statuses to Parallel Universe) + Wicker Man (change the fire status to Parallel Universe), Buster (burning dice cost 5HP) + Wicker Man.
- Instead of using Wail, the level 4 Jester Enemy will use Shriek. (prevents a situation where they might silence the Robot, leaving it with no valid moves on that turn).
- Fixed crash bug if you reject a trade, then somehow no longer have the item you were offered in trade for (e.g. by upgrading it), and try to execute the trade anyway.
- Certain weird cards (e.g. Call for Backup Witch?, Mood Change) will now quietly never trigger curse, preventing a number of game breaking situations. (this was particularly an issue for Parallel Universe rules)
- In the tutorial, don't let the player enter the Jester fight without any weapons.
- In Inevitability of Rust, when transforming enemy equipment, don't give it durability.
- Fixed glitchy behaviour when fighting Aurora if she's shocked.
- Fixed a bug where end of episode cutscenes in mods sometimes didn't load correctly.
- Localised the Halloween Special title screens.
- Fixed Jester discard/snap playing the wrong SFX.
- Categorise the low health SFX as music, not SFX (so you can mute it).
- Fix for a certain enemy not knowing how to use Divine Axe.
- Fixed some categorisation bugs with Judgement cards - Vacuum IS NOT a level 1 enemy, Rhino Beetle IS an animal.
- Fixed up the <d6> symbol so that it looks better when scaled for equipment strings.
- In Woof Woof Woof and similar cards, reworded "repeat next attack" as "Repeat next action".
- Made a weakened version of Polar Star+, so that getting weakened with Polar Star+ doesn't leave the equipment unusable.
- Fixed weird looking dice tween that sometimes occurred when fighting Crystalina.
- Fixed the display of three line size-one equipment with conditional slots (mostly a modding thing, but could come up with the Magician rule in vanilla).
- Fixed a crash bug that could potentially happen if you use equipment that self-inflicts status effects on your own turn (comes up in Halloween Special in a few places)
- Cap status effects at 9999 (prevents a rare crash where players could use Blight to go above MAXINT poison)
- Lament now does Ice elemental damage with its attacks.
- Fixed the Phantom Dice exploit with Jester (snapping cards with Free slots, e.g. Lament+, used to create bonus dice that you could use)
- Various small fixes for "Action!" and "Picnic Basket" equipment.
Thanks for playing, all <3 Hope you're all doing well out there.
Get Dicey Dungeons
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.