I am having trouble with the inventor's gadgets. Most don't seem to work. In addition, the witch is entirely unusable. Whenever I input a move, I can't complete my turn :(
Dicey Dungeons v0.10.1 (Bugfix update)
Hello! Dicey Dungeons has had a minor update! The current version is now v0.10.1. This is mostly just a bugfix update, but it does rebalance a few things.
Here's a full change list:
- Simplified Chinese Localisation of v0.10! This version has improved a lot over v0.9, (but there are still a few untranslated strings in the game).
- Added a diagnostics key - Press ZERO at any time to make your web console trace out useful internal game data. If you encounter any softlock bugs, please send this info my way!
- Fixed the bug where you could still use errored robot equipment (it didn't disappear, it just became invisible!)
- The robot's default weapon has changed to a MAX 5 instead of a MAX 4. This should make early Robot levels much easier!
- Fixed the bug where breaking silence as Thief didn't unlock your limit break.
- Fixed the Guild of Power bug where it gave the robot a burning dice.
- Fixed bug where weakened upgraded equipment would be displayed at (0,0) on the screen.
- "Ultima Weapon" has been reduced in size, to make it a bit more tempting.
- "Increment" now has three reuses, and when upgraded can increment charge by any number instead of 1.
- "Heat Sink+" reduces the robot charge by 7 instead of 6.
- Fixed "Freeze all" and "Burn all" spells when applied to Robot
- Made "Fists" reusable x2 instead of infinitely reusable.
- Builder demoted to level 1, Stereohead promoted to level 2.
- Fixed bugs with Overwhelm and Forcefield displayed the wrong numbers.
- Fixed the bug where Warrior's Fury limit break applied to the Combat Roll skill.
- Fixed Gold and Silver Cauldron to deal damage instead of freezing dice.
- Fixed Grappling Hook.
Thanks for playing <3 Properly big update coming Friday week!
 Have made a tiny v0.10.2 update which fixes a few more missing chinese strings, and gives more diagnostic info when you press zero.
Get Dicey Dungeons
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Can you not purchase the game at this moment? It says page not found, if you have gotten any solutions please help.
Any idea when the next non bugfix update will be?
I have purchased this game, but as of yet still not launching. Any ideas on how to get this game running?
Hi ! I enjoy a lot your game. I've just finished a run with the robot (on the v0.10.2) and I found something weird (not sure if it is on purpose or a bug) : CAREFUL, LITTLE SPOILER
When facing the vampire boss, he used the blind status effect, and then my first dice was replaced by a question mark. But as with the robot the dice number can be tracked by the CPU counter, I knew which value it was. Maybe, you are aware of this and decided to give this little advantage to the robot.
Anyway, congratulations for your work and keep going!
Also enjoying the game and found a bug...
Was facing Cornelius as a Witch. Joined the Witch Guild, had Burning Light, Lightning Bolt, and Duplicate+(in upgraded slot). Had 26 Health, Cornelius also had 26 (I believe). Cornelius finished his turn, my 3 dice generated interface for the spells did not. Upon clicking a die, UI totally crashed with the Aw, Snap! sad face icon. SAD FACE!! :(
Fun game, excited for more updates!
Hi! Really enjoying the game. I found a bug where I was playing as the inventor, and ran into a bug where I couldn't progress in a battle. I was facing a Barbarian and had used a flamethrower attack and some others and when I clicked the arrow to move on the enemy wouldn't take their turn.
I didn't see a place to report bugs, so I wanted to leave that here.
Hi! Just got this and a couple questions:
1) no standalone? I find it annoying to launch the browser. :P Besides it gives me a 404 when I click on play game in the itch.io client
2) no fullscreen? The pre alpha was playable full screen on the browser. Icon does nothing.
edit: OK, found the way to launch it throuigh itch.io client and... it doesn't launch, it gets stuck at a third of the loading... :/
edit1: ok I can get full screen in browser now, by launching the htm file in local.
1) Standalone build is coming in a future build! It's almost ready :)
2) Fullscreen should work, that's weird. Sorry about that! Hopefully it won't be too long before the standalone version is ready...
edit) Sorry, aware of this issue! Apparently the upcoming itch.io app update fixes the problem!
Thanks for your prompt answer.
For fullscreen it's strange, sometimes it works, sometimes not (using Firefox btw), yesterday evening I had to resize the window then the button would work.
The game does work in the itch.io client btw, but you'll need to Install it first. And then you can play offline :)
Hey Terry, this probably isn't the right place for this, but I wanted to write. Excellent game, have been playing the last few versions rather extensively. Found a bug for you--- On the v11 build, on the last time you level up with inventor, if you try to hop in your backpack to move stuff around, the screen goes black and you can't finish playing. Just wanted to let you know. Art & music for this version is great!