Even though the pear mod is gone, is it possible to mod the overworld? Where's the best place to discuss this game and mods for this game?
Dicey Dungeons v0.16.1
Just uploaded a minor bugfix update for this week's big update! Here's the changelog:
- "Ice shatter" has been made more powerful.
- "Flame Blast" countdown reduced from 5 to 4.
- Jester's Level 2 rewards are now booster packs instead of single cards.
- Small changes to item distribution of floors 1 and 2 of Jester.
- Finale cards show info about finale cards when you collect them (this is a bit messy, but will do for now).
- Jester can now find any random finale card, instead of just Dice Cannon.
- Removed Jester Finale Card trading post.
- Added a health pickup to "Losers, Weepers" floor 1.
- Slot machine no longer creates player skillcards or episode specific cards.
- Witch can't find Spare dice cards anymore.
- Added Catastrophe to witch dice pool.
- Warrior episode "This'll be fine" now starts you with two Battle Axes instead of Ray Guns.
- Changed Dragon's Fire Breath from 5 damage to 4.
- Changed Cornelius's Nightmare card effect when weakened.
- Scathach is no longer immune to shock and fire, but is now immune to lock. She is still immune to freeze.
- Reduced poison recovery from upgraded healing crystal.
- Gym Leader's Earthquake+ now weakens 3 equipment, instead of all equipment.
- Changed Sneeze+ and Sharp Spike+.
Bug fixes and updates:
- Fixed at least one cause of the "Null Reference" crash errors: (not sure if I've got them all, though).
- Weakening Sneezy no longer causes a crash.
- Weakening "Second Wind" no longer causes a crash.
- Weakening Loud Bird no longer causes a softlock.
- Fixed the bug where some upgraded equipment would return to its original size when weakened.
- Fixed the display on the "Warrior Smash" Jester card.
- Viewing Fire Breath's upgrade in editor no longer causes a crash.
- Hammer now correctly does lightning damage, and shovel does earth damage.
- Fixed layout of Scathach's equipment.
- Fixed a bug where Slot Machine stays at the front of your deck after use.
- Fixed broken footsteps sound.
- Combat music now stops when you flee.
- Episode tooltips from character selection don't appear in the editor anymore.
- Fixed wrong HD texture size in cutscenes.
- Fixed broken effect on Venus Fly Trap+.
- Flamethrower no longer disappears if you upgrade it when your inventory is full.
- Irish translation has been updated.
Modding API changes and fixes:
- Increased modding api number to 0.5.0.
- Updated demo Plastic Shield and Frogurt mods to 0.5.0.
- Combined the "description" and "extended" columns on equipment.csv, with | characters as line breaks. (sorry, I know this is going to cause some headaches with existing mods, but it needed to be done to support more than two lines for non-english languages in future!)
- New "Special?" column in equipment.csv lets you specify that a piece of equipment shouldn't appear in the getequipment() list. (i.e. skillcards, etc)
- In equipment.csv, renamed "Script" column to "Script: On Execute".
- In equipment.csv, fighters.csv, and episodes.csv, there are now four columns, "Script: Before Combat", "Script: After Combat", "Script: Start Turn" and "Script: End Turn". These run at various points on the player, enemy or piece of equipment.
- All script hooks are tested, and should now work as expected.
- "Call for Backup" style cards display correctly if used as skillcards.
- Simplified the custom variable system - now that you can run scripts at the start and end of turns, and the start and end of combat, you don't need the different types of variables! (usage: variables need to be attached to a fighter, like this: self.getvar(varname) and self.setvar(varname, value));
- Cutscene view flag now saved and loaded correctly for modded cutscenes.
- Custom modded level generators and modded cutscenes now load correctly.